After last week’s fine dining at Bozeman’s best on our Cowgirl Yoga retreat, including Plonk, the Emerson Grill, and Dave’s Sushi, I’m back in the kitchen again (vs. back in the saddle again, for those of you not getting it). Tonight’s menu continues the simple summer salad theme.
Orzo & Feta Salad
- 1/2 lb orzo (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 lb feta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Toast the pine nuts, put everything else together and add the cooked orzo last. Top with pine nuts.
Tuna with Roasted Peppers & Pine Nuts
Make a double batch, it goes fast.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2-3 tomatoes, roma or on the vine, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. can albacore tuna, drained and broken up with a fork
Roast the pepper under the broiler or on the grill until charred all over. Put pepper in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap, let cool. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop. Cook the onion in olive oil until soft, then add the pepper and tomato for about 3 minutes. Mix everything together.
Serve both at room temperature with fresh, crusty bread.
Cowgirl Yoga highlights and pictures coming soon, promise. If you are on Facebook, the pix are already up on the Big Sky Yoga Retreats group page.